Richard M. Nixon's FAQ
Richard M. Nixon
(January 9, 1913 - April 22, 1994)
• Father: Francis Anthony Nixon
• Mother: Hannah Milhous Nixon
• First Lady: Thelma Catherine ("Pat") Ryan Nixon, Wife
• Number of Children: 2, Tricia and Julie
• Education Level: Graduate
• School Attended: Whittier College, Duke University
• Religion: Quaker
• Profession: Military, Lawyer, Business, Government Employee
• Military Service: Lieutenant Cmdr. Navy
• Dates of Presidency: 1/20/1969 - 8/9/1974
• President Number: 37
• Number of Terms: 2
• Why Presidency Ended: Resignation
• Party: Republican
• His Vice Presidents: Spiro T. Agnew, Gerald R. Ford
• Vice President For: Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953-1961)
• Senator: California (1951-1953)
• House of Representatives: California (1947-1950)
• Presidential Salary: $200,000/year + $50,000 expense account
• Library: Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace
Did you Know?
- During his administration, the 26th amendment was ratified.
- His wife, Patricia Nixon, was known for her charm, and for being an involved partner to her husband.
- During his term, the wage and price freeze was instituted.
- The SALT agreement passed while he was in the White House.
- During his term, Nixon went to both China and the Soviet Union.
- He is the first president to have visited all fifty states.
Nixon - The Peacemaker is a web site by JPCohen. Copyright © jpcohen publishing.
All other copyrights are that of their owners and I stake no claims to them.
Contact me at email@example.com last updated:01/25/09